The official LGNSW Approved Course for NSW
It is a legal requirement in Australia to hold your RSA certificate if you are engaged in the sale, service or supply of alcohol.
This also includes Crowd Control personnel and anyone who provides same-day alcohol delivery.
This unit will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to responsibly participate in the sale, supply or service of alcohol.
On completion of this course you will have the skills and knowledge to responsibly sell, serve or supply alcohol.
This nationally accredited unit of competency is valid in all states of Australia and the hospitality, retail and tourism industries.
The certificate you receive upon successful completion of your training is nationally recognised. Please ensure you enrol in the state in which you intend to work as the Job Trainer Australia nationally recognised ‘SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol’ unit of competency has been contextualised and approved for each individual state.
Already have a Competency Card or Interim Certificate?
No downloading or uploading of forms!
Job Trainer Australia has developed a custom platform that is truly 100% online, no forms to download, print, complete and scan.
A click of a button allows you to complete the video roleplay online.
Results are automatically updated in your course and assessor feedback can be viewed immediately.
We offer current and relevant courses across hospitality and retail industries to help you gain a nationally recognised statement of attainment. Giving you the flexibility to adapt your study around your family and lifestyle.
Job Trainer Australia’s inclusive digital environment allows easy, 24/7 access to extensive learning resources giving you the flexibility to adapt your study around your lifestyle.
To support you throughout your studies we provide live chat, FAQ’s, free App, Spotify podcast and real-time support.
- Unique Job Trainer Australia has developed a custom platform that is truly 100% online, no forms to download, print, complete and scan. A click of a button allows you to complete the video roleplay online. Results are automatically updated in your course and assessor feedback can be viewed immediately.
- Flexible Enjoy the flexibility of online training. Train any time 24/7. Job Trainer Australia provides an easy to navigate, engaging online portal. Train in your own time, at your own pace, our website offers full flexibility to fit in with your schedule. Stop and start whenever you like, our online platform will remember where you left off.
- Secure Relax, your details are safe with us, our platform has the highest encrypted SSL your details are safe and secure.
- Engaging Our online platform has been created using the latest technology to enhance your experience. We have developed engaging, interactive content that depict real life events. We will challenge your thinking and provide you with strategies to handle difficult situations.
This is a LGNSW Approved Course.
This course is required to obtain your RSA for NSW.
If you work in a licensed venue or are engaged serving, supplying or selling alcohol then this course is for you.
License venues could include festivals, pubs, restaurants, fundraisers, a hotel, wineries, as a flight attendant, a crowd controller or same day home delivery of alcohol.
NSW require a refresher of this unit every 3-5 years. We recommend keeping up to date by logging into your account to view latest updates that relate to your state.
We will also send you a reminder when your certificate is due for renewal or you might like to download the Job Trainer Australia free app to keep updated.
If you hold a current RSA certificate and are moving state, simply check the requirements for that state as you may only need to complete an online bridging unit.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded the following two certificates;
- LGNSW Approved Interim certificate for NSW - Required to obtain the Competency ID Card.
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Support is available, please see the ‘Support’ tab to view details.
QUICK OVERVIEW - ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Multiple-choice and free text questions
- Straightforward questions to demonstrate your knowledge
- Apply what you have learnt and provide information on how you will apply your skills and knowledge to the responsible service of alcohol. These verbal questions form part of your roleplay scenarios and can be recorded during roleplay.
- Roleplay with friends and family your response to one scenario
- Record from your device directly into your training account
- Answer several questions along the way * see reference to verbal questions above.
- We will provide the scenarios and the checklist to make sure you don't miss anything
- Feedback from our assessors can be viewed in your training account
This course is delivered online with an offline practical skills demonstration.
Each student will undertake a pre-enrolment review or LLN (language, literacy and numeracy) short test before enrolling to ensure the proposed course is suitable. It will provide valuable information about an individual's existing skills and knowledge, language, literacy and numeracy skills and whether the course will help in achieving learning and/or employment goals.
The course is broken down into small, manageable sections designed to improve your learning. At the end of each section is a multiple-choice quiz. Please read the assessment tab for more information on how the assessment works.
Upon successful completion of all assessment stages you will be deemed competent and awarded a statement of attainment.
Assessment stage 1 - Knowledge - Multiple Choice & Free text
- After completion of each of the modules, a straightforward assessment is presented
- Each module assessment is a combination of multiple-choice questions such as drag and drop, fill in the missing word, reorder the sequence. In addition, there are a number of questions where you will be required to source, read and interpret information to be able to correctly identify and submit the correct answer
- Should you submit an incorrect response during the assessment, you will be provided with a further opportunities to review the learning material and re-attempt the question/s
- Once you have satisfactorily completed Assessment 1 – you will progress to Assessment Stage 2
Assessment stage 2 – Skills Evidence - Video Upload
- Assessment stage 2 is to be undertaken in a simulated environment with another person; this could be in your home across the kitchen bench with a friend or a member of your family
- You are required to follow responsible serving practices whilst dealing with a range of customers such as minors, compliant and non-compliant customers
- You will be provided with the roleplay scenario
- You are to record your response to the scenario either via your training account or from your phone and upload to your training account
- Once deemed satisfactory you will be awarded your Statement of attainment in SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol