This course has been approved by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC).
In Western Australia it is a legal requirement that the licensee of a liquor licensed premises has an approved manager on their premises at all times when business is conducted. In essence, the approved manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business and must ensure compliance with the provisions of the Act.
To become a licensee or an Approved Manager in Western Australia your are required to complete the core unit from the 52863WA Course In Management of Licensed Premises.
- MLPLCA001 Manage legislative responsibilities for the sale, supply and service of liquor is the core unit and must be completed to become an Approved Manager or Licensee in Western Australia. It is the minimum requirement to meet the requirements of Section 33(6b) of the Liquor Control Act 1988.
The competencies achieved through the course will provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills to operate a licensed premises in accordance with the Liquor Control Act 1988 and individual licensing conditions
This accredited course is valid in Western Australia only.
Renewal of the Approved Manager Card (Red Card) is required every 5 years.
Job Trainer Australia offers current and industry relevant courses across the hospitality and retail industries to help you gain a nationally recognised statement of attainment in your area of interest or work. Giving you the flexibility to adapt your study around your family and lifestyle.
Job Trainer Australia’s inclusive digital environment allows easy, 24/7 access to extensive learning resources. To support you throughout your studies we provide live chat, FAQ’s, free App , Spotify podcast and so much more.
- Flexible - Enjoy the flexibility of online training. Train any time 24/7. Job Trainer Australia provides an easy to navigate, engaging online portal. Train in your own time, at your own pace, our website offers full flexibility to fit in with your schedule. Stop and start whenever you like, our online platform will remember where you left off.
- Secure - Relax, your details are safe with us, our platform has the highest encrypted SSL your details are safe and secure.
- Engaging - Our online platform has been created using the latest technology to enhance your experience. We have developed engaging, interactive content that depict real life events. We will challenge your thinking and provide you with strategies to handle difficult situations.
This course is delivered online. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information.
If you work or are intending to work in a licensed venue where alcohol is sold, served and supplied including hotels, clubs, restaurants, tavern, small bar, nightclub, events, or in production and wholesale supply of liquor and you would like to become a licensee or an approved manager then this course is for you.
In Western Australia you are required to operate in accordance with your licensing conditions which are governed by the Liquor Control Act 1988. You are required to plan and manage multiple tasks, undertake risk assessments and supervise the responsible service of alcohol.
Upon successful completion of the unit
- MLPLCA001 Manage legislative responsibilities for the sale, supply and service of liquor
You will be awarded a statement of attainment which can be used towards further training in the full Course in Management of Licensed Premises – 52863WA
Support is available, please see the ‘Support’ tab to view details
QUICK OVERVIEW - ASSESSMENT PROCESS
TO SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING, THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
Multiple-Choice and Free Text Questions (Online)
- Straightforward questions to demonstrate your knowledge
- Apply what you have learnt and provide information on how you will apply your skills and knowledge to the management of licensed premises
Verbal Verification - Via Video Upload (Online)
Verbally authenticate, verify your identity and reaffirm competency of the knowledge-based assessment by submitting a short 1-2 minute video to:
- To confirm your name and date of birth showing satisfactory identification
- Verbally confirm that you were the person that undertook the online assessment
- Verbally confirm you are not in Australia on a Student Visa
- Reaffirm a few of your submitted answers.
As part of your training you are required to provide evidence of completion of the national RSA unit – SITHFAB021 – Provide responsible service of alcohol. This unit is a pre-requisite to the Approved Managers Course.
*SITHFAB021 or equivalent (SITHFAB002)
This course is delivered online.
If you have already completed with another training provider, you will be required to upload certificate evidence into your training account. If you have not yet completed please head to our course bundle options, you will have the option to purchase at a discounted rate approved manager and RSA bundle.
Each student will undertake a Pre-Enrolment Review or LLN short test before enrolling to help confirm the proposed course is suitable. It will provide valuable information about an individual's existing skills and knowledge, language, literacy and numeracy skills and whether the course will help in achieving learning and/or employment goals.
The course is broken down into small, manageable sections designed to improve your learning. At the end of each section is a multiple-choice quiz and free text questions. Please continue to read the assessment stage below for more information on how the assessment works.
Upon satisfactory completion of the assessment stages you will be deemed competent and awarded a statement of attainment in the core unit
Assessment stage 1 - Knowledge - Multiple Choice & Free text.
- After completion of each of the modules, a multiple-choice & free text assessment is presented.
- Each module assessment comprises of a combination of multiple-choice questions such as drag and drop, fill in the missing word. In addition, there are a number of Free Text questions where you will be required to source, read and interpret information and answer in your own words.
- Should you submit an incorrect response to a multiple-choice question, you will be provided with a further opportunity to review the learning material and reattempt the question/s.
- Once you have satisfactorily completed Assessment 1 – your free text answers will be submitted for review and assessment
- You will now proceed to Assessment 2 - Verbal Verification of identity and confirmation of submitted knowledge assessment.
Assessment stage 2 - Verbal Verification.
- This is to confirm:
- your identity by showing the ID that was submitted as part of your enrolment;
- declare that you are eligible to complete the course by verbally declaring that you are not in Australia on a Student Visa; and
- correctly reaffirm 4 questions taken from the knowledge assessment stage. These are questions you have already seen and answered during your training.
- This is an opportunity for our assessors to authenticate and verify you as being he person who undertook the training and a few of your submitted answers.