Official RSA Refresher unit approved by Access Canberra
It is a legal requirement in every state or territory in Australia to hold your responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate.
In the ACT the law states that if you are a licensee or commercial permit-holder, and their employees involved in the supply of liquor then you are required to be trained in RSA.
Crowd controllers at licensed or permitted premises are also required to be trained in RSA.
This RSA Refresher unit is for people who hold an approved RSA certificate that is due to expire or has expired in the immediate preceding 30 days.
NOTE: As of 9 September 2022, interstate RSA certificate holders – upon expiry of their interstate certificate – can now complete the ACT refresher course instead of the ACT full course. The new RSA Guidelines are now available on the ACT Legislation Register.
This RSA Refresher unit is approved for the ACT will provide you with information to apply the skills and knowledge required to responsibly participate in the sale, supply or service of alcohol specifically for the ACT
The certificate you receive upon successful completion of your training satisfies the requirements for the ACT and will provide a further 3 year validity.
Job Trainer Australia offers current and industry relevant courses across the hospitality and retail industries to help you gain a nationally recognised statement of attainment in your area of interest or work. Giving you the flexibility to adapt your study around your family and lifestyle.
Job Trainer Australia’s inclusive digital environment allows easy, 24/7 access to extensive learning resources giving you the flexibility to adapt your study around your lifestyle.
To support you throughout your studies we provide live chat, FAQ’s, free App , Spotify podcast and so much more.
- Unique Job Trainer Australia has developed a custom platform that is truly 100% online, no forms to download, print, complete and scan. Results are automatically updated in your course and assessor feedback can be viewed immediately.
- Flexible Enjoy the flexibility of online training. Train any time 24/7. Job Trainer Australia provides an easy to navigate, engaging online portal. Train in your own time, at your own pace, our website offers full flexibility to fit in with your schedule. Stop and start whenever you like, our online platform will remember where you left off.
- Secure Relax, your details are safe with us, our platform has the highest encrypted SSL your details are safe and secure.
- Engaging Our online platform has been created using the latest technology to enhance your experience. We have developed engaging, interactive content that depict real life events. We will challenge your thinking and provide you with strategies to handle difficult situations.
This course is delivered online with an offline practical skills demonstration. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information.
In Australia it is a legal requirement that you hold your approved RSA certificate.
- Access Canberra require the completion of a RSA Refresher unit every 3 years.
- If you hold a current or recently expired RSA certificate you will be required to refresh your RSA knowledge and complete the RSA ACT Refresher unit which will provide a further 3 years validity.
- NOTE: As of 9 September 2022, interstate RSA certificate holders – upon expiry of their interstate certificate – can now complete the ACT refresher course instead of the ACT full course. The new RSA Guidelines are now available on the ACT Legislation Register.
If you work in a licensed venue or are engaged serving, supplying or selling alcohol such as a festival, a pub, a restaurant, a fundraiser, hotel or winery, as a flight attendant or even as crowd control personnel or same day home delivery of alcohol, then this is the course for you.
We recommend keeping up to date by logging into your account to view latest updates that relate to your state. We will also send you a reminder when your certificate is due for renewal or you might like to download the Job Trainer Australia free app to keep updated.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded a statement of attainment.
Support is available, please see the ‘Support’ tab to view details.
QUICK OVERVIEW - ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Multiple-choice and free text questions
- Straightforward questions to demonstrate your knowledge
Free text questions
- Apply what you have learnt and provide information on how you will apply your skills and knowledge to the responsible service of alcohol
This course is delivered online
Each student will undertake a Pre-Enrolment Review or LLN short test before enrolling to help confirm the proposed course is suitable. It will provide valuable information about an individual's existing skills and knowledge, language, literacy and numeracy skills and whether the course will help in achieving learning and/or employment goals.
The course is broken down into small, manageable sections designed to improve your learning. At the end of each section is a multiple-choice quiz. Please read the assessment tab for more information on how the assessment works..
Upon successful satisfactory completion you will be deemed competent and awarded the Approved RSA ACT Refresher Certificate valid for 3 years.
Assessment stage 1 - Knowledge - Multiple Choice & Free text.
- After completion of each of the modules, a multiple-choice & free text assessment is presented.
- Each module assessment comprises of a combination of multiple-choice questions such as drag and drop, fill in the missing word. In addition, there are a number of Free Text questions where you will be required to source, read and interpret information and answer in your own words.
- Should you submit an incorrect response to a multiple-choice question, you will be provided with a further opportunities to review the learning material and reattempt the question/s.
- Once you have satisfactorily completed Assessment 1 and upon successful completion you will receive your valid RSA ACT Certificate valid for 3 years.